3 lbs. Sirloin steak
Dry Rub Mixture:
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
5 each Green chilies (Serrano), chopped
2 teaspoons Fresh ginger — peel, chopped
5 cloves Garlic
1 teaspoon Ground tumeric
½ teaspoon Ground cardamom
½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon Ground cloves
1 cup Red wine
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
2 medium Onions — chopped
3 large Bell peppers (Yellow, Red and Green) cut in strips
1. Dry rub steak with spice mixture.
2. Grill sirloin steaks for 3 minutes each side, or Broil sirloin steaks on high for 5 minutes on each side. Let steaks rest for at least 15 minutes. Then cut into 1/2-inch strips.
3. Put serrano chilies, ginger, garlic, spices, and wine in a blender and mix until the ingredients completely incorporated. Set the sauce aside.
4. Chop onions and cut bell peppers and set aside.
5. Sauté onion in oil until soft but not browned. Add the bell peppers and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Add the puree mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
6. Add the beef and mix until strips are coated with sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Serve over white rice or quinoa with Ethiopian Ginger Vegetables.